Friday, 9 September 2016
BENEFITS OF CARDAMOM (ELAICHI)
1. Improves digestion- Elaichi is carminative in nature and digestion. It also reduces inflammation of the stomach lining, fights heartburn and nausea.
2. Beats bad breath- The spice is packed with antibacterial properties, in addition to having a strong flavor and a pleasant smell. Moreover, since it helps improve your digestive system – which is known to be one of the leading causes of bad breath – it is very effective in weeding out the root cause of the problem.
3. Relieves acidity- The essential oils in elaichi strengthen the mucosal lining of the stomach and also increase the amount of saliva you secrete.
4. Alleviates symptoms of respiratory illnesses- Cardamom increases circulation of blood within your lungs thereby aiding in relieving the symptoms of breathing problems like asthma, cold and cough.
5. Regularizes your heart rate- With its abundant supply of this essential mineral ealichi helps regularize your heart rate and keeps your blood pressure under control.
6. Fights anaemia- Known for its immense importance in the production of red blood cells and cellular metabolism, copper, riboflavin, vitamin C and niacin in addition to iron are great to fight anaemia and relieve the symptoms that one experiences due to the condition.
7. Detoxifies the body and fight free radicals- Elaichi has very strong detoxifying properties that help to cleanse the body and protect it from cancer and other allied diseases.